Wells Fargo has once again clinched the number one spot in the Mortgage Bankers Association’s Commercial Real Estate/Multi-family Finance Firms – Annual Origination Volumes report, with a total of $50.3bn of financings in 2014.
The bank has held the top spot since 2009, after sharing the accolade with Bank of America in 2008.
The other top 10 2014 commercial/multi-family mortgage originators were: HFF, Meridian Capital Group, KeyBank, CBRE Capital Markets, Deutsche Bank Securities, PNC Real Estate and Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
Wells was also the top lender in 2014, ahead of JP Morgan Chase & Company, followed by KeyBank, Deutsche Bank Securities and Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Eastdil was the leading broker by dollar volume. HFF was second, followed by Meridian Capital Group, CBRE Capital Markets and Deutsche Bank Securities.
Among the survey’s other findings were:
• Deutsche Bank Securities, Eastdil Secured and JP Morgan Chase & Company were the top originators for commercial mortgage-backed securities.
• JP Morgan Chase & Company, PNC Real Estate and Meridian Capital Group led on commercial bank loan originations.
• MetLife Real Estate Investors, HFF and Prudential Mortgage Capital were the top originators for life insurance companies.
•TIAA-CREF, Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers and CBRE Capital Markets were the top originators for pension funds.
• KeyBank, Eastdil Secured and NorthStar Realty Finance originated most for REITs, Mortgage REITs and investment funds.
• JLL, Mesa West and Meridian were the top speciality finance originators.
The study covered 127 commercial/multi-family mortgage originators and their 2014 volumes.