The REC Awards are back, and the Real Estate Capital editorial team needs your help. We are compiling shortlists for the fifth edition of our annual awards and we want to hear which real estate debt players you think stood out in 2018.
Our illustrious awards are totally independent – with no sponsorship or panel of judges, the industry decides the winner in each category.
Competition to find the right deals at this late-stage of the investment cycle is fiercer than ever. Against this backdrop, which are the organisations, and the deals, that stood out over the course of the year? And which debt funds deserve recognition amid today’s huge firepower in the private debt space? It is worth noting that, for the first time, we are including a category to acknowledge key lenders offering sustainable finance across Europe.
This year, 22 categories are up for grabs, each covering Europe, including nine country- and region-specific awards. In the process to determine impartial shortlists, we will be analysing your submissions, canvassing opinion from senior industry players and conduct in-depth discussions within the editorial team.
To inform our decision-making, we invite you to submit nominations via a dedicated form, which can be found by clicking here. Submissions are not a prerequisite and do not guarantee inclusion.
Each category will feature four shortlisted candidates, with a fifth, blank option for firms and individuals not nominated. Real Estate Capital will be back in touch to let you know where to register your votes. Polling will be open in early December and the winners will be announced next March.
This is your chance to make your case for winning a prestigious Real Estate Capital award! The deadline is Wednesday 28 November 2018. Please click on our form to submit your nomination proposals.
The categories are:
1. Bank lender of the year
2. Insurance company lender of the year
3. Senior debt fund lender of the year
4. High-yield debt fund lender of the year
5. Lender of the year in the UK and Ireland
6. Lender of the year in Germany
7. Lender of the year in France
8. Lender of the year in Southern Europe
9. Lender of the year in the Benelux
10. Lender of the year in the Nordics
11. Lender of the year in Central and Eastern Europe
12. Syndication team of the year
13. Financing deal of the year – investment
14. Financing deal of the year – development
15. Borrower finance team of the year – fund manager
16. Borrower finance team of the year – REIT
17. Debt advisor of the year in the UK and Ireland
18. Debt advisor of the year in Continental Europe
19. Loan servicer of the year
20. Loan portfolio seller of the year
21. Loan portfolio buyer of the year
22. Sustainable finance provider of the year