In September, we called for submissions for the 2020 edition of our annual list of Europe’s top real estate lenders. If you believe your organisation should be among them, we want to hear from you by midday UK time this Friday, 9 October. Read on to find out how.
Our annual list of top lenders is not a ranking. Rather, our editorial team gathers as much information as possible on the activities of the market’s lenders and thinks long and hard about which deserve to make the cut. In case you missed it, here is Europe’s Top 40 Lenders 2019.
The 2020 list will be published in the winter edition of Real Estate Capital and on 1 December on www.recapitalnews.com. The 2019 edition was published in September 2019, meaning we are interested in what you have done since 1 September 2019. But your activity since March 2020, when covid-19 lockdowns came into force in Europe, will be of most interest to us.
Here is what we want to know:
1. What type of lending your organisation does – such as senior or mezzanine – and where in Europe is it.
2. Your organisation’s 2019 total European real estate lending volume, in euros – with the H2 total specified. We would also like detail on what type of debt it includes – we know €100 million of senior debt does not compare with €10 million of mezzanine.
3. Your organisation’s 2020 European real estate lending volume to the end of Q3. For us to understand the activity since the covid-19 pandemic, please also specify how much of this was closed in the Q2-Q3 period.
4. Its European real estate loan book size at the end of Q3 2020.
5. The deals your organisation is most proud of, and why. Please be clear about when the deals closed, provide as much detail as possible and why you believe the deal stood out.
6. Tell us how your organisation responded to covid-19: did it close deals that were underway before March? Did it take the opportunity to win new deals? Did it resolve difficult situations with borrowers? We want to know why its response to covid-19 shows it is one of Europe’s top lenders.
7. What has it done in the field of environmental, social and governance since we last published our list? We are eager to hear what makes your organisation’s ‘green’ deals green, and how the S and G of ESG fitted into your thinking.
To make our decisions, we need as much solid information as possible. Please send your pitches to the editor – email@example.com – by midday, UK time, on 9 October, with TOP LENDERS 2020 and your organisation name in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you.