For the first time, Real Estate Capital is inviting market participants to pitch for inclusion in our annual list of Europe’s Top 40 real estate lenders. The closing date for submissions is a week from now, Friday 20 July.
Our run-down of Europe’s most influential property debt providers has been published annually since 2014, and this year’s list will be unveiled in October.
We, as an editorial team, speak to industry contacts, trawl the archive of the year’s coverage and debate between ourselves which organisations ought to be included and why. We also want to hear from you, our readers.
We will accept submissions by email until midday, Friday 20 July. Please send to email@example.com with TOP LENDERS in the subject line.
What we want to hear is:
• New lending volumes for H1 2018 (broken down by type of lending such as senior, mezzanine) as well as your 2017 total volume. Volumes are not everything – they vary significantly depending on the type of organisation and type of finance provided – but they are important.
• Net return and average lending margin achieved across your H1 2018 lending.
• If relevant to your business, capital raised (third-party and segregated mandates specified) since October 2017.
• Highlights since we last published the list in October 2017. This could include specific deals of interest, expansion into new markets, new business lines, key appointments.
• A brief description of why your organisation ought to be considered for inclusion.
Given the diverse mix of lenders in the market – ranging from commercial banks with multi-billion-euro senior origination volumes each year to boutique alternative lenders writing small-scale but complicated mezzanine loans – a range of factors are taken into consideration when deciding the composition of the list.
Our aim is to highlight lenders we believe made the most significant impact on their sections of the market. Making a submission will not guarantee inclusion in the list, but it will provide our editorial team with additional food for thought during the decision-making process.
We look forward to hearing from you.