Bridging the gap
The new mantra in the commercial real estate market is ‘stay alive until ’25’ and to do that, sponsors are looking for short-term financing solutions that will allow them to bridge the gap between today’s high interest rate environment to what is widely expected to be relatively lower rates in the next year or so.
The key points of the report will include:
- More sponsors are opting for short-term financing, hoping to ride out the current period of interest rate and economic volatility – how is that affecting demand for bridge loans?
- What term do borrowers prefer right now – three year, five year, seven year, 10 year?
- How has volatility affecting lenders’ ability to write new loans?
- The strategies and structures lenders are offering to sponsors to bridge this gap.
- How sponsors and lenders are structuring loans to include more mezzanine debt or preferred equity to get loans done?
For more information contact:
Business Development Manager: Real Estate
T:+44 20 4548 4476